To Our Valued Patients
I hope you and your families have all been healthy, safe, and keeping well.
There has been a significant amount of information disseminated since the Global Coronovirus outbreak. We want you to know that we place the utmost importance on the health of our patients and employees and with that, it is incumbent that we provide you with accurate information on the steps inherent in the re-opening of our Dental Offices.
The BC Health Attorney and The College of Dental Surgeons, recently announced of the easing of restrictions and the policy recommendations for the re-opening of Dental Offices in B.C during Phase 2 of Covid -19.
We are so thankful for the leadership we have received from Dr. Bonnie Henry and Adrian Dix along with our Dental Associations.
I should note that Infection Control has ALWAYS been our top priority in patient care and the delivery of Dentistry. Our sterilization protocols have always been extensive, across the board. We opened the office two weeks ago in order to take care of all of our emergency patients.
We want your experience to remain comfortable and relaxed while we continue to do our job keeping you safe and providing exceptional care.
Please be aware that with enhanced protocol, we have implemented the following changes/precautions:
– Enhanced telephone screening
– Employee screening for COVID-19 symptoms
– Arrival communications/protocol – You will call the office when you arrive and we will invite you into the office and into your prepared treatment room.
– Every patient will be pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms in advance, along with screening upon day-of appointment arrival
– We have expanded disinfection and sanitization protocols throughout the office including reception areas, bathrooms, and of course, treatment rooms to uphold and go above CDSBC Standards and Guidelines.
I want to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we will be asking you several questions regarding your current health while following all social distancing and sanitation requirements. Once again, our priority is to protect your health.
In closing, we have sincerely missed all of our patients and are very excited to see you soon!
Your Courtenay Dental Team